Random thoughts I’ve had since moving into our first house, built in 1946:
* Mice were cute until they came inside.
* I don’t think Yankee candles should ever come up with a scent called sewage.
* Why, oh, why can’t I paint a straight line on walls even when I use tape?
* Ceilings don’t keep their pearly while color when water drips through them.
* Handwashing dishes hasn’t been as fun as I thought it would be.
* Rocks are beautiful in a flower bed unless you want to dig up the flower bed.
* What grass?
* Utility rooms can work as offices.
* Can’t we just hide the hole in the wall instead of filling it?
* We’ll never have to buy a swimming pool! We have one provided for us in the back yard every time it rains.
* Garages are still useful even if you can’t park a car in them.
* Who needs a wheelbarrow when you have a wagon?
* Having a huge one pane window just gives you an excuse to layer up on cold days.
* Praise God for my beautiful, perfect little house!